Whether you are trying to sell your home or just trying to get rid of unwanted odors due to a guest or family member, it can be challenging to eliminate certain smells, particularly cigarette smoke. But there are a number of ways to reduce and remove the smell of cigarette smoke odor from a home. Some of the most effective methods include:
- Deep cleaning: This involves cleaning all surfaces of the home, including walls, ceilings, floors, and furniture. Be sure to use a cleaning solution that is specifically designed to remove cigarette smoke and other similar odors.
- Air purification: Air purifiers and Green Plants can help to remove smoke particles and odors from the air. There are a number of different types of air purifiers available, so be sure to choose one that is appropriate for the size of your home or room and the severity of the smoke odor.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a natural odor absorber. Place bowls of baking soda around the home to help absorb smoke odor. Be sure to replace the baking soda every few days as needed.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is another natural odor absorber. Place bowls of vinegar around the home to help absorb smoke odor. You can also add vinegar to your cleaning solution to help remove smoke odor from surfaces.
- Activated charcoal: Activated charcoal is a natural absorbent that can help to remove smoke odor from the air. Place bags of activated charcoal around the home to help absorb smoke odor. Be sure to replace the activated charcoal every few weeks.
In addition to the above methods, you may also want to consider the following:
- Wash all curtains, drapes, and other soft furnishings.
- Clean carpets and upholstery professionally.
- Replace any filters in your HVAC system.
- Bring in some green plants to place in rooms to help purify the air.
- Open windows and doors to ventilate the home.
If you have tried all of the above methods and the smoke odor is still present, you may need to call a professional smoke odor removal company. They will have specialized equipment and expertise to remove even the most stubborn smoke odors.
Here are some additional tips to help you eliminate the smell of cigarette smoke odor from your home:
- Clean your AC unit. The filters in your AC unit can trap smoke particles and odors. Be sure to clean or replace your filters regularly.
- Clean your washing machine. Smoke particles can also get trapped in your washing machine. Be sure to run a cycle with hot water and vinegar to clean your machine regularly.
- Clean your pets. Smoke particles can also get on your pets’ fur. Be sure to bathe your pets regularly to remove any smoke particles.
- Be patient. It may take some time to completely eliminate the smell of cigarette smoke odor from your home. Be patient and persistent in your efforts, and you will eventually succeed.