Agricultural Answers

paul Lake Living Leave a Comment

agricultural-answersOne of the most charming things about Smith Mountain Lake is that blend of agricultural land and small town friendliness with the convenience and access of a much bigger city. Along with this simpler, more rural lifestyle, however, can come a lot of questions related to living so close to the great outdoors.

What kind of bug is that eating my plants? Why are my Evergreens dying? What can I plant during the winter? Where do you go with questions like these? The answer is the Virginia Cooperative Extension Agency or VCE. VCE is a partnership between the state, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University to bring individuals, families, 4-H, etc. a wealth of information on topics related to agriculture.

Their website provides a list of the offices for each county, but most Smith Mountain Lake residents will use Franklin County (540-483-5161), Bedford County (540-586-7675), or Pittsylvania (434-432-7770). If you’re curious about the type of information the VCE can provide you, check out their resource page here.Whatever your question about the outdoors, the Cooperative Extension Service can very likely provide you an answer!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *