Have you ever wanted to get in on a new community while it was in its’ developemental stages? You can have an impact and be an active part of Smith Mountain Lakes’ rapidly growing town of Moneta. Join in to bring area improvements or just be a member of the family atmosphere often found in Smith Mountain Lake Communities.
Live it up at Smith Mountain Lake’s newest community, Downtown Moneta. Luxurious townhomes overlooking Main Street with a variety of cafés, shops, restaurants and entertainment just outside your door. So you can grab a cup of coffee on the way to work or pick up dinner on the way home. Run daily errands or join friends for a quick cocktail all within minutes of Smith Mountain Lake.
Downtown Moneta at Smith Mountain Lake is a planned TND-Traditional Neighborhood Development. These developments are popular all over the country. The following is a list of twenty-one (21) reasons why you need to be here:
- Smith Mountain Lake with its 512 miles of shoreline is Virginia’s second largest body of water. It is a 22,000-acre lake and as a resort it compares to what many call the “ Lake Tahoe of the East”. The Smith Mountain Lake Chamber of Commerce mailed out 18,000 information packets in 2004 to potential new residents and visitors and over 20,000 in 2005. This is up from 2,600 requests in previous years.
- Our site is just 3 miles from Hales Ford Bridge, which is the apex of commercial activity at the lake. And Downtown Moneta is strategically located at the major intersection of Route 122 (Moneta Road) and Route 608 (White House Road) in Bedford County.
The intersection of Route 122 and Route 608 serves the new convention center and Smith Mountain Lake State Park as well as Smith Mountain Lake airport.
- Bedford County is the fastest growing county west of Richmond. There are plans for eleven hundred (1,100) new residences in building season 2005 outside of our project.
- The location of the site allows you to have an overwhelming presence on Route 122 as you descend on the entire project. There is no other dramatic point of view for a commercial development anywhere else around Smith Mountain Lake.
- There is an excellent site distance in both directions on Route 122.
- Unlike any other commercial development at the lake, Downtown Moneta will offer a twenty-acre, one-stop destination that will be served well by three roads surrounding the property.
- Phase One of Mayberry Hills residential development directly across the street will be an aesthetically pleasing development with beautiful landscaping, sidewalks, and streetlights. Currently it has three hundred-plus proposed home sites.
- There is another large development on Route 608, slated to start construction next year, which is 0.5 miles from this intersection.
- Our site on the Bedford County side of Smith Mountain Lake, offers public water and sewer. The Bedford County Sewer Plan will have the capacity to handle 1,000,000 gallons of water usage per day. The Franklin County side of the lake does not offer public sewer.
- Moneta Elementary is within 2 minutes of our site. Staunton River Middle School and High School, Body Camp Elementary and Goodview Elementary are all within 10 minutes drive.
- Currently there are doctors’ offices, dentist offices, and the Moneta Fire Department less than a one-minute drive from our site. We have planned Medical Suites across the street from Downtown Moneta.
- The current intersection of Route 122 and Route 608 has been upgraded by VDOT providing deceleration and stacking lanes.
- Our property borders the new Moneta Smith Mountain Lake Library, owned and operated by Bedford County – a $3,000,000.00 project.
- The number of postal deliveries for the Moneta Post Office has increased 400-500 in recent quarters. It is one of the fastest growing areas on the lake.
- A crosswalk with a signal light has just been approved by VDOT. This will slow down all traffic on VA Rt. 122, and create a safer environment at the center of our project.
- The Downtown Moneta city streets will have brick structures with standing seam metal roofing, attractive landscaping, sidewalks, and streetlights, which will be similar to the Moneta Smith Mountain Lake Library.
- The development will have a mixture of retail, restaurant, and office tenants within the town, and apartments overlooking the city streets.
- We first announced this project on August 5, 2004. It has been well received. We have made the front-page news of The Bedford Bulletin and The Smith Mountain Eagle a number of times. We had the lead story on the front page of The Roanoke Times Sunday edition in April 2005 and February 2006. We have been on the front page of the “Local” section of The Lynchburg News And Advance, and we have been on the front page of the “Virginia” section of The Roanoke Times on several occasions. We have a great story in the August/September 2004 issue of the Smith Mountain Laker magazine, and our local Channel 10, NBC news affiliate did a story on our project, which has created a lot of excitement about Downtown Moneta and our residential community, Mayberry Hills. It can be viewed if you click “Watch the Video” above.
- The proposed $12,000,000 Moneta Arts and Education Center at the Lake is within 1.5 miles of Downtown Moneta. This will include an amphitheater, dinner theater, symphony, education center, and performing arts stage. Bedford County Parks and Recreation’s Moneta Park will be less than one mile from Downtown Moneta. Stretching over 119-acres, it will offer athletic fields, outdoor courts, walking and bike trails, picnic shelters, and other leisure amenities.
- We currently have letters of intent from several companies who want to make Downtown Moneta at Smith Mountain Lake home. These include a branch bank, a high-end furniture store, a lighting and home accessory boutique, a coffee shop, an ice cream parlor, a deli, a casual dining Italian restaurant, a hair salon/day spa, a realty company, and a cardiac imaging center with doctors’ offices. New reservations are coming in weekly. Check again for updates in the future.
For more information contact your realtor, or Paul Moore at www.smithmountainhomes.com.