Once again author Kenyon Blunt gives us some invaluable input on Smith Mountain Lake living. We often don’t think about some of the details that may affect our lives drastically once we actually have the lake home we have been looking for. Helping us think ahead is what Kenyon Blunt is good at.
There are two phases to your search; 1) gather as much information as possible and 2) become very familiar with the area by making thorough personal investigations. The best place to start is by looking right in the mirror and doing a little self-analysis:
- How much will you use your lake home? Do you plan on going on weekends, for the summer or for occasional vacations?
- How do you plan on using it? Will your lake home be used for quiet getaways or will it be more like the Grand Central Station for lake activities?
- Are you trying to reclaim your past? Does nostalgia for a certain location enter into the picture?
- How long will you own your lake home? Will this be the same home you’ll use in retirement or is it an interim step to something nicer?
- Will your lake home be used for business as well? Do you plan on having any corporate or church retreats in your lake home?
About the Author:
Kenyon Blunt is the publisher of “Lake Home Tips.”
Kenyon Blunt, LakeHomeTips
10026-A S. Mingo Road #274, Tulsa, OK 74133-5700
Telephone: 918.630.0554 | Email: kenyon@LakeHomeTips.com